The Expressive Arts Grief & Loss Recovery Program
Have you lost someone close to you?
Do you know a youth dealing with difficult emotions associated with grief?
Specially Designed Expressive Arts Program can help.
call for private/group and/or family support.
When Words are not Enough!
The Expressive Arts Grief & Loss Recovery Program offers:
- creative life management tools for grief, loss & trauma
- relationships & connections
- self awareness
- normalizing & expressing feelings
- group support
- support for caregivers
- teen mentorship
- & FUN! and so much more!
To be a Teen Mentor for an awesome experience and community hours call Elke 646-2300. See below for pics and blogs.
If you have wondered what we are about, see us all in action! Teen Peer Mentors, Participants and Facilitator, check out our links for YouTube and Expressive Arts Photo Albums.
Intakes are on going for upcoming programs. Groups are formed for Primary, Junior, Senior Elementary and Teens, with a maximum of six participants.
Teen Mentorship Blog
Have you lost someone? Has someone died? Have you had too much change in your life? Need to talk? Support groups available for young people ages 8-23 who have experienced significant loss. Ten Sessions, includes one introduction night for caregivers. Check out our blog …
Testimonies from our 16 year old Mentors:
- “This program has honestly changed my life. I went in to help others, and what I did not expect was that the participants would be the ones that helped me” Megan
- “This is an amazing opportunity that is life altering for everyone in the room. It is the greatest feeling when you see that smile and hear their laughter after working through so much stuff.” Katie
- ” The program is a great way for kids who have experienced a loss to let go off all those emotions and learn to deal with them in such a way we wouldn’t think of.” Kasia
- “I enjoyed this experience immensely, everything we did as a group and individuals in the group was a success. This group was not a job, or work, or an interruption in my life – I enjoyed every Monday night for six weeks, and realize now how much I miss it. It was a very rewarding, amazing, and fun experience not only for the kids, but for the mentors as well.” Madison
If you have wondered what we are about, see us all in action! Teen Peer Mentors, Hospice Trained Volunteers, Participants and Facilitator, check out our links for YouTube and Expressive Arts Photo Albums.
Students from previous programs are welcome to mentor for younger groups. They will be guided by the facilitator in expectations. Hours can used for high school community service hours. Interested High School Students are welcome too.
Intakes are on going for upcoming programs. Groups are formed for Primary, Junior, Senior Elementary and Teens, with a maximum of six participants. Hospice trained assistants will accompany all groups.
Call Elke Scholz (705) 646-2300, Fax 646-2304 email@example.com for intake.
Our Clay Photo Album
Expressive Art Therapy with Elke Scholz. Check it out!
If you do not see your age group, contact us and register so we know when to offer an age appropriate group.
Check out Hospice Volunteer, Jennifer Jilks’ YouTube movie on Expressing Grief and one of our group activities.
Testimonies From Our Parents
“ I could see a very big change in Mary. It is just so wonderful to see. I feel like I have my daughter back. She is definitely happier and she seems to be coping much better.” Mother
“ I had to come early to see what my kids were so enthused about” Mother
“ Christopher had a wonderful time. I have never seen him so relaxed and happy.” Mother
Elke Scholz, MA, Certified EMDR Therapist, Canada and US understands and is sensitive to people’s right to privacy and confidentiality. Information can not be given out or shared without informed consent. Please feel free to discuss our confidentiality process and procedures. We have a legal and professional obligation to report to the appropriate authorities only in cases where individual are at risk to themselves or others, i.e. where there is a suspicion of child abuse, or as requested by court order.