“Art, painting, music, dance, math, science, nature, living, playing are all connected – they are part of life, my existence / my awakefulness. Experiencing life and painting opens up a keener awareness of my world around me. After thirty years, artistic exploration still intrigues me and holds my heart. During this time my art has evolved with me. There is truth in art that I can not hide from.”
|Overview- Main video:||Youth Therapy:|
|Therapy:||Welcome to the Space:|
Part of My Story:Hunter’s Bay Radio Show with Julie Bissonette
Elke Scholz, MA, RP, REACE, Registered Psychotherapist, with the CRPO College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario , Certified EMDR Therapist in Canada and US, is a well known author and internationally registered expressive art consultant/educator, and therapist . Elke also implements Talk Therapy, EMDR, CBT and DBT.
Why Choose Elke?
- Elke specializes in client-centered and solution focused therapy.
- You have the option to use your extended benefits to cover counselling, or go directly through Elke Scholz, or explore some grant options.
- You receive a FREE phone consultation
- The counselling services are affordable and accessible
- Various therapeutic programs offered such as group & individual counselling, and workshops
- Traditional therapy methods are combined with expressive art therapy and interventions specifically tailored to your needs
- Elke is qualified at the Masters level.
Elke Scholz is a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, with a Masters Degree in Expressive Arts Therapy with a minor in Psychology. She is a Certified EMDR Therapist. In addition, she completed training in CBT, DBT, Attachment Theory and Principles, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (Attachment Focused Treatment for Childhood Trauma and Abuse) with Dan Hughes Ph.D. Elke is a proud affiliate for extended health care insurances and EAP programs. Elke is part of a supervised psychology practice to better help serve you. www.daltonassociates.ca She is a member in good standing with O.A.C.C.P.P. (Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists) , O.E.A.T.A. and I.E.A.T.A. ( International Expressive Arts Therapy Association), EMDR Canada and EMDRIA. She holds a post graduate diploma in Expressive Arts with Fleming College and a Diploma as an Expressive Arts Therapist from private College ISIS Canada. She has logged over 3,000 supervised hours in therapy work.
The profession of psychotherapy is now regulated in the province of Ontario.
Elke has been helping people since 1980. Her calm approach invites a comfortable space for people to try new things. One her favourite words is ‘curiousity’ For her, it denotes freshness, newness, playfulness, discovery and invitation.
Some of Elke’s interests are in attachment, trauma, loss and recovery. Her acute awareness and high sensitivity are a tremendous asset for her clients and make her unique in her field.
Elke has had her work and articles published in over twelve national magazines and books, along with her book, “Loving Your Life” first and second edition. She has spent 30 years painting, art coaching and managing her successful art studio in Canada. Elke has won many awards and recognition for her paintings. Her paintings give a sense of calm and joy to the beholder. She now lives in Bracebridge, Ontario with her family.
Partial Client List
- Dalton Associates Psychological Services, Fergus, Ontario
- Delta District School Resource Centre, Delta, British Columbia.
- Jump Productions, Creative Concepts for Children, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Canadian Woman Studies, York University, North York, Ontario.
- Laidlaw Foundation, Toronto, Ontario.
- Learning Through The Arts, Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto, Ontario.
- New World Language Institute, Midland, Ontario.
- NORTEL, Northern Telecom Headquarters, Brampton, Ontario.
- Ontario Hydro, Bruce and Pickering Stations, Ontario.
- Vita Novus Recovery Center Lake, Burks Falls, Ontario.
- Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, Ontario.
- Simcoe Board of Education, Barrie, Ontario.
- Simcoe Separate Board of Education, Barrie, Ontario
- Toronto Board of Education, Toronto Parks and Recreation, Toronto, Ontario
- The Meeting Place, Huntsville, Ontario.
- Trillium Lakelands Board of Education, Muskoka, Ontario.
- Victim Quick Response Program, Ministry of the Attorney General
- VQRP, EAP affiliate, Muskoka, Ontario
She believes that through creativity we can clearly access our true potential. All her life, she has understood the connection between the arts and living, for her the elements interconnect at every level and she is able to simplify concepts and relay them to people in a simple, fun, approachable way.
“My goal is to help people enhance their lives and build their resilience by empowering them with their innate creativity. ”
” You are the best! you’re awesome! ” Janice F.
For further information about Elke Scholz, for painting viewing, shows, tutoring, seminars, retreats and programs, call or write for information.
Elke understands and is sensitive to people’s right to privacy and confidentiality. Information can not be given out or shared without informed consent. Please feel free to discuss our confidentiality process and procedures. We have a legal and professional obligation to report to the appropriate authorities only in cases where individual are at risk to themselves or others, i.e. where there is a suspicion of child abuse, or as requested by court order.